You’ve just finished a long run, and you’re looking forward to taking your Hoka shoes off. But as soon as you do, you realize they’re covered in dirt, dust, and who knows what else. Ew! Don’t worry; we’ll show you how to clean your Hoka shoes so they look like new again. It’s a lot easier than you might think. You only need a few simple ingredients and a little time. So gather up your supplies, and let’s get started!
Why You Should Clean Your Shoes
Like you, your shoes need a good cleaning now and then. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It removes dirt, dust, and other particles that can cause your shoes to wear down faster.
2. It helps your shoes look newer and longer.
3. It prevents any unsightly smells from building up over time.
Not sure how to go about cleaning your shoes? No problem! Here are a few easy steps to follow:
1. Remove the laces and inserts if there are any.
2. Soak the shoes in a bucket or basin filled with warm water and mild detergent.
3. Gently scrub the shoes with a soft brush or cloth.
4. Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water.
5. Let the shoe air dry completely before reassembling and putting them back on your feet.
What You Need to Clean Your Shoes
All you need to clean your Hokas is a little water and mild soap.
Mix the soap with water in a bucket or a spray bottle, and then give your shoes a good scrubbing. (Make sure you use a soft brush or cloth so you don’t damage the surface of the shoes.)
Once clean, please rinse them with fresh water and let them air dry.
How Often You Should Clean Your Shoes
How often you should clean your shoes depends on a few things: the type of shoe, the type of material, and how dirty they get. In general, you should try to clean your shoes at least once a week.
If your shoes are made of a light material, like mesh or synthetic suede, you can clean them every other day. But suppose they’re made of a heavier material, like leather or canvas. In that case, you should wait until they get really dirty before cleaning them.
To clean your Hoka shoes, use a damp cloth to wipe them down. Get into all the nooks and crannies and remove any excess dirt or mud. You can use a toothbrush to scrub it off if there’s any caked-on mud or dirt.
Once they’re clean, let them air dry overnight. And if you want to give them a little extra TLC, you can apply a coat of shoe polish.
How to clean plastic cutting board
The Best Way to Clean Your Shoes
Here’s the best way to clean your Hokas:
1. Take the shoes outside and shake them off to eliminate any excess dirt or dust.
2. Apply a gentle cleaner to a damp cloth and wipe down the shoes.
3. Let the shoe air dry.
4. Give them a final brush with a soft-bristled brush to restore the original luster.
How to Remove Tough Stains From Your Shoes
So your Hokas are looking a little worse for wear. No problemâ€” we’re here to help.
Removing tough stains can be a challenge, but with the right tools and some know-how, it’s doable. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. If the stain is fresh, try using a little cold water and dish soap to remove it.
2. For tougher stains, you’ll need a stronger cleaner. We recommend using Hoka One One Cleaner, specifically designed for our shoes.
3. Read the instructions carefully before using any cleaner. And always test in an inconspicuous area first to ensure the product won’t damage the material.
4. Allow the shoes to air dry after cleaning. Please do not put them in the dryer, as this could cause damage to the material.
Tips to Keep Your Shoes Looking New
Here are our top tips to keep your Hokas looking new:
1. Use a brush to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Soak the shoes in a mixture of water and mild detergent for about 15 minutes.
3. Use a toothbrush to scrub away any tough stains.
4. Rinse the shoes with clean water and let them air dry.
5. Apply a waterproofing treatment to keep them looking fresh for longer.
6. Repeat these steps every few months or whenever needed to keep your shoes looking new.
So, your Hokas are a little dirty, and you want to clean them. No problem! Here are some easy steps to get them to look like new again.
Make a solution of warm water and mild soap. Dip a cloth into the solution and wring it out until it’s damp. Rub the cloth on the shoes in a circular motion. Rinse the shoes with cool water and allow them to air dry.
There you have it! Your Hokas are now clean and look like new again.
6 thoughts on “How to Clean Hoka Shoes and Make Them Look Like New”